****PLEASE NOTE: Late submissions may compromise our ability to produce a high-quality result for our advertisers and as such, submitting your copy and imagery after the cut-off time specified below (see Requirements) may result in your ad not being run. In such circumstances refunds will not be provided.
Overview and Layout
In order to offer some more affordable advertising options for our sellers, we've recently added a Facebook advertising option to our store. This offer is exclusively available to Made It sellers, and, for a limited time, Craftumi sellers.
Ads may be static (1 image) or photo-carousel style (2 to 5 images). Please see the Specs section for recommendations on layout.
Specs & Pricing
As Facebook is constantly changing, these recommended specs may also change without warning:
- Carousel (2-5 images) - 600 x 600px + 90 char. copy including title
- Static (1 image) - 1200 x 900px + 90 char. copy including title
For maximum impact, we recommend saving your images at the highest resolution (dpi) possible within the dimensions provided above. Images will be automatically cropped (by Facebook) if provided in different dimensions.
The 90 character copy length is a recommendation only. You are welcome to include more copy, however on smaller screens, text longer than this may be truncated, so shorter copy is likely to be more effective.
If opting for the carousel format, each image will link to your Made It store, however it is not possible to add a link to a static image. You may request that a text link to your store is included in your copy, however please be aware that in-text links reduce the reach of Facebook posts, so fewer people will see your ad.
Your post will reach a portion of our 51K Facebook followers and over 4,500 Twitter followers.
The extent of your post reach is controlled by Facebook and very much depends on the content you provide, the format you choose, and the amount of engagement it receives from the audience, so we cannot make guarantees about the number of people your ad will reach.
If your advert performs well, we will pay to boost your post to a targeted audience (targeting will be a combination of our primary audience demographic, plus interests relating to your ad content). Once again, the reach of this boost will be determined by the ad content and we make no guarantees about minimum reach or engagement.
We will post about your Made It store on our Facebook page to leverage our 51k+ Facebook fan-base, including copy and up to 5 images.
Your ad will also be pushed to our Twitter feed.
Plus, if your post performs well, we'll give it a paid boost (at no cost to you) to reach more people.
A total of 3 adverts are available each week, and each store is only permitted one slot per week. Only one advert will be permitted on any given day and day and time preferences will be met on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please submit the following content for your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days prior to your earliest preferred publication time:
• Headline / title
• body copy (Facebook recommend 90 characters including title, but we will include up to 150 words)
• your Made It store URL
• up to 5 high-quality product images (please see specs above for dimensions)
• your top three preferred days for publishing (Please not only 1 ad will be featured per day and your slot will be allocated on a first come, first served basis)
• your preferred time for publishing
Please also specify if you would like an in-text link to your store if choosing the static single-image format. If you don’t specify, we will assume you do NOT want a link.
• This advertising is only available to Made It sellers, and for a short time, Craftumi sellers
• Only one spot per week can be bought per store.
• Your advert will link to your Made It (or Craftumi) store.
• Links to external websites are not to be included in listing images or descriptions, store banners, about page, or your Made It storefront while advertising
• Ads may not be run if you miss the submission deadline.
• Ads must be in keeping with Made It values and Facebook rules
• Refunds will not be given where these terms have not been met.