Getting Featured in Made It Promotions
What are the Community Newsletter and when are they sent?
Made It sends out a weekly Community Newsletter to our 28,000+ email subscribers, where we feature:
- 2 main shopping guides of around 25 items each, based on a theme
- 9 Editor's Picks
- 6 products around a theme such as top sellers, picks from the gift guide, new sellers etc.
- Up to 2 paid advertising banners
- A blog post
- Our latest Designer Spotlight
Why do the same style of products always seem to be featured?
We don't favour individual sellers or particular styles, and try to offer customers a range of different products and styles. However, we try to only feature well photographed items and this may be why the style of products seem the same.
Why do some sellers get featured more than others?
• If sellers bring out a new product then they may be featured more often
• Sellers who regularly list items will also have a better chance of being featured more often
• Sellers that promote their Made It store on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Blog have also a better chance of being featured more often.
• Sellers with high quality product images are more likely to be featured more often
Do you have any tips to help me get into the shopping guide?
• List items regularly. This may mean spreading out your listings rather than listing them all at once, so you will appear at the top of search results for longer, and be easier for us to find.
• Include keywords in your description, words that relate to your item so when we search for themes you have a better chance of being noticed. • Put as much effort into your product presentation and photography as you do in creating your items as this will not only make it easier for us to feature products, but will mean customers are more likely to view and purchase your products.
Do I have to have good photos to be included in the newsletters?
• Having good photos will not only help you sell your product but it will help you get included in the newsletters and other feature.
Below are some guidelines for taking good images
- no flash, use natural, even light (no shadows)
- use a neutral background or a solid colour to avoid distracting from the subject
- take a variety of angles to see what works best (including detailed shots)
- find a place in your house that has good natural light and try a different times of the day to photograph your item. when you are happy with a time/lighting condition use this time and location for all your items.
- use depth of field (blurred backgrounds make your products stand out)
- experiment & practice to see what works best
- use a photo editor like www.picmonkey.com to add contrast to, and brighten, your images
- avoid adding watermarks to your images that obscure or obstruct the product
Could the reason I'm not being featured because I have a personal website address in my description or banner?
Yes Made It policy is that web address of other websites should not be included in your item descriptions, images or banner.
Why can't I include my personal website address in my description or banner?
This method of cross-promotion by some sellers jeopardises potential sales for other sellers due to the fact that they are leading a shopper (and a potential sale) away from the Made It site. If other web addresses are included in your descriptions or banner, you may be excluded from promotion of your products in our newsletters, blog interviews, spotlight interviews and other promotional avenues.
Can I include my social media links in my descriptions or banner?
You can however include your blog, facebook or twitter in your description as long as you don't direct sales away from the Made It site, for example 'see my full range on facebook'. We also ask that you link back to Made It.